1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Residencies--Need Information

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by OldManDave, Mar 13, 1999.

1. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Anyone have any suggestions for good reading on DO residencies and fellowships?

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DOPhD student

DOPhD student Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

OMD, not to fret. Once you're in school, the AOA will annually provide you with a book containing all AOA- and dual-approved residency programs across the country along with stats of each residency such as # of hospital beds, salaries, specialties, #MD/DO on staff, contact persons, etc. I imagine the National Match Residency Program also produces a similar book listing ACGME residency programs, but I have yet to see one.

4. prefontaine

prefontaine Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The 'Opportunities' book is no longer produced. It was more accurately known as the 'Lack of Opportunities' book. Detailed ACGME info is available from FRIEDA. DOPhD, haven't noticed you slumming at chiroweb recently.

5. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the info guys! I found the FRIEDA site...but they want $80 for the book. Thus far, I have not been able to locate an ostepathic analog...prefontaine, you may have solved the mystery why.

[​IMG]

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    Senior, Neurosciences
    Univ of Texas at Dallas
    Class of 1999

6. DOPhD student

DOPhD student Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I still frequent chiroweb from time to time, reading posts - interesting I as always. Anyway, when osteopathy is not attacked, then I see no need to respond in kind. Otherwise, as a visitor, I think it's more polite to read posts than start threads.

7. Jack DOe

Jack DOe Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

AOA residencies will no longer be published in a hard copy. The following web page is the only way to obtain this info (which is actual more convenient).

http://www.aoa-net.org/Opportunites/Opportunites.htm