Residencies--Need Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for good reading on DO residencies and fellowships?

------------------
'Old Man Dave'

Members don't see this ad.

OMD, not to fret. Once you're in school, the AOA will annually provide you with a book containing all AOA- and dual-approved residency programs across the country along with stats of each residency such as # of hospital beds, salaries, specialties, #MD/DO on staff, contact persons, etc. I imagine the National Match Residency Program also produces a similar book listing ACGME residency programs, but I have yet to see one.

The 'Opportunities' book is no longer produced. It was more accurately known as the 'Lack of Opportunities' book. Detailed ACGME info is available from FRIEDA. DOPhD, haven't noticed you slumming at chiroweb recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info guys! I found the FRIEDA site...but they want $80 for the book. Thus far, I have not been able to locate an ostepathic analog...prefontaine, you may have solved the mystery why.

smile.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

I still frequent chiroweb from time to time, reading posts - interesting I as always. Anyway, when osteopathy is not attacked, then I see no need to respond in kind. Otherwise, as a visitor, I think it's more polite to read posts than start threads.

AOA residencies will no longer be published in a hard copy. The following web page is the only way to obtain this info (which is actual more convenient).

http://www.aoa-net.org/Opportunites/Opportunites.htm