Residencies on Indeed.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing listings pop up for residencies on Indeed.com

Are these for real? Residencies that have gone unfilled or something?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't really trust sites like indeed...but if the link leads to the residency homepage, then I guess its a real job ad.

I think some unaccredited ones post on there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many hospital sites post a resident position on their jobpage, so the resident(s) they matched with can fill out an official job application and submit to HR. The position is already filled with a resident through the match but they post an official job link to make it go through the correct HR process.

That is why you see them on indeed. I just looked and there are 3 posted in my metro area and I know these sites all matched.

Yeah, I have seen those too. I just assumed they are what Pumpkinsmasher said. I think all spots would be filled by now.

Many hospital sites post a resident position on their jobpage, so the resident(s) they matched with can fill out an official job application and submit to HR. The position is already filled with a resident through the match but they post an official job link to make it go through the correct HR process.

That is why you see them on indeed. I just looked and there are 3 posted in my metro area and I know these sites all matched.

Yeah, my position popped up on there once after I had matched. Also, I searched my area and Hospital of the Univ. of Pennsylvania popped up and they definitely matched all their spots.

Yeah, my position popped up on there once after I had matched. Also, I searched my area and Hospital of the Univ. of Pennsylvania popped up and they definitely matched all their spots.

I looked too. I believe it's actually at Pennsylvania Hospital, which is an unaccredited program. Therefore I assumed that maybe they didn't fill their positions.

I looked too. I believe it's actually at Pennsylvania Hospital, which is an unaccredited program. Therefore I assumed that maybe they didn't fill their positions.

must have been a diff. post, the listing i saw had 3400 spruce as the address.

One way to determine if it's a legit opening or not is to see if it's a sponsored listing. Sponsored listings charge per click through and may appear as such up top, while crawled listings just show up.

Example: type in "pharmacy resident" and location = "walnut creek, ca" and you'll bring up a sponsored listing for an open specialty infusion residency in northern california. this did not show up on the scramble list so it's probably an unaccredited one.

EDIT: keep rerunning the search until one from Apria/Coram comes up...looks like they're cycling through, it also shows up as a non-sponsored link below.