Residencies that offer loan repayment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TGAmed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear that there are many residency programs that assist you in repaying your loans. How do you find out which programs do this? I don't see that as part of the FRIEDA statistics.

Members don't see this ad.

"Many" would be stretching it. "None to few" would be accurate in some fields like the surgical specialties and "some" in fields like FM.

There is no centralized database for this information. Perhaps if you could clarify what specialty you are applying for, some insiders may have info that would be useful to you. Otherwise, its generally up to you to find out from the programs you apply to.

always too good to be true. My program director laughed when she heard that there maybe programs that do loan repayment. Maybe there is a rare program out there but she said why would a program do that? Is that program so desperate that they need to add this incentive? Even without this incentive, there are always IMG's who are always happy to take your spot. So makes you wonder why you would even apply there or spend the time searching for those programs.