residency closed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dfagod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out today that our surgical residency is closing effective immediately. If anyone out there knows of programs willing to take on additional residents, please let me know. We were a small program, but we are all in need of jobs. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out today that our surgical residency is closing effective immediately. If anyone out there knows of programs willing to take on additional residents, please let me know. We were a small program, but we are all in need of jobs. Thanks.

That's terrible. Hope it all works out for you. I wish I could help, but we're full up.

Do you mind telling us what program you're at?

That sucks man. Hope it works out for all of you.

Forum Health in Youngstown, OH (part of NEOUCOM) is looking for a PGY-3 position to fill this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, I will pass it on

That's terrible. Hope it all works out for you. I wish I could help, but we're full up.

Do you mind telling us what program you're at?

i'd rather not say until it is totally official, but I'll let you guys know

How many people are in the program?

the western Penn/temple program is mysteriously grayed-out on ERAS web site now...

the western Penn/temple program is mysteriously grayed-out on ERAS web site now...

West Penn closed this past May. Their residents have all since found homes at UPMC, AGH and PSU-Hershey. I'm guessing the OP is at another program...

My program was Physicians medcial center- carraway. We are officially listed as withdrawn with the ACGME. Anyone know of programs that could use a few residents? We come with funding :)

Have you checked out APDS.org? Univ of Ill Chicago has a PGY2 position. Georgetown has a PGY4 position. Michigan has a PGY4 position. Good luck.

What is going to happen to your PGY5s who have been accepted for their various fellowships to start in July? Will they still be eligible to start if they do not complete a general surgery residency?

we're not sure what's going to happen to the cheifs yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
you thought i was kidding?

well, I am usually a pretty calm person. I know I will find a job, I'm a pretty good candidate. It just sucks waiting.

did a prelim last year, categorical intern now

MCW is short some residents from what I gather from our chief... had to fire a few that were not cut out to be surgeons... good solid program and the residents seem happy... good luck!

That sucks. A girl with whom I graduated medical school should be a PGY-4 there this year.
Look on the APDS website to see some of the open spots. Best of luck.

We just accepted a PGY4 from the program here at Scott and White.

we all got spots, a lot of people got to stay in the same city.