Residency competitive- Anesthesiology vs. ER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiddler1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about which is more difficult to obtain in our ever changing world. Did any of you out there have a hard time choosing between the two?

Members don't see this ad.

Who knows which will be more competitive this year.

They were about equal last year, but in past years anesthesiology hasn't been that competitive. Ten years ago emergency medicine programs didn't fill.

Competitiveness changes from year to year.

fiddler1 said:
Any thoughts about which is more difficult to obtain in our ever changing world.

Whichever one you decide you want more will be more competitive.

Sucks, but that's the way life is. If you don't belive me, take a look at which line at the grocery store moves faster. I promise, it'll be the one you're not in.

Take care,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeff698 said:
take a look at which line at the grocery store moves faster. I promise, it'll be the one you're not in.

Take care,
Jeff

I like that one :)
...good thing that dating is different - getting her to go out with you is competitive in one case, while breaking free of her is comp. in another. :smuggrin:
(just kidding :) ) Pick what you like better or else keeping a happy smile for the rest of your life could become a challange.

Jeff698 said:
Whichever one you decide you want more will be more competitive.

Sucks, but that's the way life is. If you don't belive me, take a look at which line at the grocery store moves faster. I promise, it'll be the one you're not in.

Take care,
Jeff
Words of genius.... which is different than words by a genius ;)