Residency Determination (For OOS/In state)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xerxes106

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a little confused on how schools determine whether you're in state/oos. This is just a curiosity question. Im an Idaho resident, but have lived in Colorado for about a year and am going to get my new license etc. For AADSAS I put Idaho as my permanent address and Colorado as my current address. Do they just base it off of your permanent address or do the in state schools require you to send in a lot of materials. I had to send in my Idaho residency info for the Idaho program at Creighton but didn't know if, say, you apply at UCLA, do they require you to send in residency info or do they go "perm address in Cal, in state for application."

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a little confused on how schools determine whether you're in state/oos. This is just a curiosity question. Im an Idaho resident, but have lived in Colorado for about a year and am going to get my new license etc. For AADSAS I put Idaho as my permanent address and Colorado as my current address. Do they just base it off of your permanent address or do the in state schools require you to send in a lot of materials. I had to send in my Idaho residency info for the Idaho program at Creighton but didn't know if, say, you apply at UCLA, do they require you to send in residency info or do they go "perm address in Cal, in state for application."

To the bolded part--yes, they do.