1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

residency / fellowship information?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Conoli21, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Conoli21

Conoli21 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey,

I'm looking for a website that outlines the general residency / fellowship requirements for any given speciality...i guess it would be more like a career-services website...but if I wanted to look up the training path on being a pediatric surgeon, anesthesiologist, etc...where should I go? (i.e. what residency do you do and years involved and what fellowship do you do and years involved...)...

google, for once, has proved not to be helpful with this...i've also checked with ERAS and they list all the programs availible in the country, but do not list specific program / length requirements...

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Check out the link below from the AMA - it will give you basics on number of programs, length, etc. and then you can follow the links to FREIDA (but bear in mind that the statistics are self-reported by the programs, so may not be updated or may be incorrect)....

http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/spcindx/0,,TR,00.html

It may not have some of the sub-specialties or fellowships, but is in general a broad classification of most everything.

4. Captain Fantastic

Physician 10+ Year Member