SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Residency/fellowship post FRCR

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by Jumboburger1376, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. Jumboburger1376


    Jun 5, 2008
    Hi, this thread is somewhat similar to those regarding IMGs and radiology. My specific question is if anyone has experience or knows anyone that has prior radiology training and has the Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (UK) coming to train in the US as residents/fellows?

    I've heard conflicting reports about 2 years credit given to people with FRCR or the australian board equivalent. How does one apply to residency programs and get credit?

  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. eddieberetta

    eddieberetta 10+ Year Member

    Mar 11, 2003
    You are better off to come in as a fellow, take a job as an academic staff (still a shortage in academia) and after 3 yrs (i believe) you become ABR eligible. Academic rads get an institutional licence and therefore do not need boards. Repeating residency is challenging in terms of funding and not required. Good luck.

Share This Page