Residency Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillwell

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering how long after your application and other info are uploaded to the ERAS PO that you can expect to hear from a program. I got a couple interviews right off the bat, and I know someone else got 6 or so. In other words, should I expect a lull from now till Nov 1 or so when Dean's Letters come out, or is this a sign they are not too interested right now?

Have other people gotten a lot of i-views yet?

I am applying IM fyi.

Thanks -

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten 11 interviews thus far, with the remaining 4 interviews being big-name schools which are waiting for Dean's Letters.

I think hearing from the program director depends on the program director. One of my "sure thing" interviews is my home school, and they haven't offered an interview yet. Could be that the office staff is so bad they don't even realize I'm a candidate. Who knows.

By the way, I'm also applying IM.

GI Guy

Thanks

Mind if I ask how long ago you put your app in? Mine went in about 5 days ago

I've had mine in since early September. Quite a long time.

I was really flooded when my third LOR came in.

DOn't worry if you haven't heard from everyone yet!
Lots of programs wait until after Nov 1

Yeah, I just got an email from Children's in DC :love:, as follows:

I wanted to let you all know the status of applications for the Pediatric Residency Training Program at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC. This season will be another
busy one for us. As of the morning of October 29, 2002, we have about 900 applications :wow:, of which about 600 are from LCME-accredited medical school seniors. Since we interview only
about 225 applicants, we take great care in choosing which applicants to invite for interview. Therefore, the vast majority of invitations will go out after we have screened all the MSPEs
(Dean's Letters) which we will receive later this week. Applicants invited to interview will be notified 7-10 days later. Occasionally we invite applicants after this time, but the majority
will occur during this time period.

Unfortunately we cannot respond to all inquiries about application status. We will notify applicants not selected to interview by late November.

So wish me luck!!!