residency interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr. strangelove

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have a favor to ask. I am starting to get g-surg interviews and have applied to several programs in New Yok City. I am traveling across the country for them and before I make the cross-country flight 5 different times (unfortantely I can't make one single long trip due to my schedule), I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding them, or perhaps ones that I may want to take a second look at before buying my ticket and going. Being so far away from the east coast I have pretty limited 'real' info about the programs and definitely need to be enlightened. The programs I have applied to, in no particular order, are:

1. Columbia
2. St Lukes-Roosevelt
3. Mt. Sinai- Cabrini
4. Einstein- Montefiore
5. NY Methodist

The thing that is most important to me is the general atmosphere of the programs. I'm coming from a heavily malignant program and don't want to get caught in another one for the next 5 years.

Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it. Also, if you recommend another program not listed above, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.