Residency rankings for the SouthEast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jman12345

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, 3rd year med student here...wondering if someone w/ a little more insight to the field could rank some or all available radiology residency programs in the southeast..academic & private..

Mainly, the states of Tennesse, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas

I have been looking around but can't really find great sources other than Freida..and its not impressing me..it doesn't seem complete but maybe it is..

I am more interested in seeing the competitiveness of getting into these residency programs, needed research, board scores, grades...

I made 237 Step I, top 10% of class in a very small state med school (65 students in a class), 3.87 GPA, no research but might could so something if really needed next year but not greatly interested in it..

Any help or advice is much appreciated

Jman

Members don't see this ad.

It's the standard list - I liked UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, UVA, Vanderbilt, UF. Wake was my favorite from the region. UVA seemed a bit full of themselves for Charlottesville and felt odd to me (plus I got screwed and had to pay 24$ to park for the interview!). UNC is very male dominated, but good moonlighting opportunities. UF has great perks and very happy overall program. MUSC seemed decent but not too academic at the moment. Most of these programs are in nice areas to live. I didn't apply in Texas, but several of my classmates liked their programs too.