Residency ranks to Match (Osteopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMS398563

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While going to and looking at residency interviews (IM) on the AOA side I have noticed that many students are interviewed for what is literally a handful (4-6) spots. How many ranks are required to match for Osteopathic IM? I understand it is not competitive but with so few spots how far can i expect to fall on my rank list? Will a high 500s step I/II be enough?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

While going to and looking at residency interviews (IM) on the AOA side I have noticed that many students are interviewed for what is literally a handful (4-6) spots. How many ranks are required to match for Osteopathic IM? I understand it is not competitive but with so few spots how far can i expect to fall on my rank list? Will a high 500s step I/II be enough?

Thanks,

Look at the last report (which is old). Its something like 5-7. If I were you though, I'd aim for 12 ranks just to be safe.

Your score is competitive enough for AOA IM, and honestly, you'd probably be fine applying community or DO-friendly ACGME IM as well.

Thanks!

I am--just wasn't sure as a lot of the dual accredited places I am interviewing seem to take only 3-6 DO applicants in the AOA match