sin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
Anybody know of websites that list the current residency vacancies for FP?

NuMD97

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
Call (800) 288-2668. They post new positions every two weeks as they become available. Good luck.:)

About the Ads

dgrair

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
NuMD97 said:
Call (800) 288-2668. They post new positions every two weeks as they become available. Good luck.:)
thanks for the #, I wonder if you know of any other way to find vacancy in any specailty for pgy 1...I am desperate..thx

teleo1

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
dgrair said:
thanks for the #, I wonder if you know of any other way to find vacancy in any specailty for pgy 1...I am desperate..thx

most of the time, like 97 percent of the time, if not more, that toll free number is for pgy 2 or pgy 3 spots. unfortunately for pgy 1 their is no real good advertising. it is more just the pds and the secrataries call up people who have applied before in the past that did not match to their program, and see if they are unmatched, so they can get someone they may know. or even more than that residents who are already in will say, i have a brother sister, friend, etc, and recommend them. thats more of the way people hear of spots, IMHO.

dgrair

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
teleo1 said:
most of the time, like 97 percent of the time, if not more, that toll free number is for pgy 2 or pgy 3 spots. unfortunately for pgy 1 their is no real good advertising. it is more just the pds and the secrataries call up people who have applied before in the past that did not match to their program, and see if they are unmatched, so they can get someone they may know. or even more than that residents who are already in will say, i have a brother sister, friend, etc, and recommend them. thats more of the way people hear of spots, IMHO.
I just will have to accept that I may not be able to start this yr and just have to go through this for next one...it is just so hard, but thx for the tip

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.