residency with low comlex 1 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mah403

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i had a question....I actually have low step 1 comlex scores. I did pass, but barely, and I'm worried about applying for residency. My step 2 is scheduled for September 27th, and I didn't take the usmle. My class rank is in the bottom 10% of my class, but I haven't failed or anything like that. I've always wanted to go into family medicine or IM or pedes, but I don't know where to apply. I'd like to stick to the midwest, chicago area is ideal. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

First, pick the field you want to go into. Programs want to know you're dedicated to the field you're applying to and you'll be spreading yourself thin doing IM and FM and Peds. Second, rotate at the programs that you want to go to. DO programs tend to be more forgiving than MD programs as far as board scores go as long as they like you and wound want to work with you for the next 3-4 years.

First, pick the field you want to go into. Programs want to know you're dedicated to the field you're applying to and you'll be spreading yourself thin doing IM and FM and Peds. Second, rotate at the programs that you want to go to. DO programs tend to be more forgiving than MD programs as far as board scores go as long as they like you and wound want to work with you for the next 3-4 years.

thanks!