Resident Life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwtaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember this show that was on TLC back at the end of 2003? it was a show that followed around a bunch of residents at vanderbilt hospital. i have to say that this show had a huge impact on my decisions and injected a little bit of reality into my expectations. does anyone know if they ever released these shows on vhs or dvd? if not, is there the slightest chance that anyone caught those shows and recorded any of them? that show just reminds of the days when you could turn on the LEARNING channel, and the DISCOVERY channel, and actually learn and discover something. i dont know what id give to turn on those channels one day not see a motorcycle, car, or someone getting their house renovated.

Members don't see this ad.

jwtaylor said:
does anyone remember this show that was on TLC back at the end of 2003? it was a show that followed around a bunch of residents at vanderbilt hospital. i have to say that this show had a huge impact on my decisions and injected a little bit of reality into my expectations. does anyone know if they ever released these shows on vhs or dvd? if not, is there the slightest chance that anyone caught those shows and recorded any of them? that show just reminds of the days when you could turn on the LEARNING channel, and the DISCOVERY channel, and actually learn and discover something. i dont know what id give to turn on those channels one day not see a motorcycle, car, or someone getting their house renovated.

i remember and also enjoyed the show. There is a similar knock off on discovery called residents. Critical hour and Trauma: life in the ER are also pretty good. I just realized i am a dork.

YES! I loved that show, and wish it were still on. I didn't get to see all the episodes and I'd love to get the DVD too if there is one.

^^^And I agree with the comment about motorcycles and cars and houses :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I cry every monday thinking that resident life is going to be on... but it isn't. The show was usually after trauma in the ER right? Well I actually was watching some of the show like 2 months ago.. i wish they would reply the whole series.

well since there are other people here who would really like to see that show....if anyone knows about an episode that is coming on in advance...post or something!

maybe we should petition for a remake? I mean if theres a large enough audience, I know we got 4 or 5 sigs here right?

Hell I bet that's about half of TLC's viewer base for those house shows they show all the time. Maybe with 15 we could convince them to show it 24/7.

Though I do (did?) like that one show they have (had?) with the people building stuff from garbage. I forget the name.

Kazema said:
Hell I bet that's about half of TLC's viewer base for those house shows they show all the time. Maybe with 15 we could convince them to show it 24/7.

Though I do (did?) like that one show they have (had?) with the people building stuff from garbage. I forget the name.
Junkyard wars ?

Kazema said:
YES!

That was (is?) a cool show :)
Well, I don't really watch it, but yea it's kind of cool. There's definitely plenty of people in that show who are smart.