This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayray93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a complicated residency question...
I have applied using TMDSAS to Texas schools as a Texas resident because I am dependent on my mom who lives and files taxes in Texas. My mom and her entire family live in Texas, so I do have strong ties there and visit often.
However, I have lived in WA state for nearly my entire life. Currently live there with my dad who files taxes in WA, I went to school in WA, am registered to vote in WA, have a WA drivers license, etc.
When I talked to the University of Washington, they said that I would be considered a WA resident for admission purposes despite being claimed on my mom's taxes in Texas.

I am wondering if it is okay to claim Texas residency on the TMDSAS application, and WA resident on my AMCAS? Or would it be best to claim Texas on both?

I have actually spoken to each application service and neither can give me a completely straight answer on how it will affect my application... has anyone else applied as a resident of two different states on AMCAS and TMDSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Too bad... That would have been one fabulous spot to be in!

Looks like I'll be claiming Texas for both then!
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile