Resources for academic support?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jla791

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any good recourses for asking questions I may have when learning new topics. As of now, I am digging a bit further in a topic that is deeper than my previous class’s scope and cannot understand a certain process (RNA transcription question), often I’ll go to the academic support center at my college but no one can provide any real help or seems to know what they’re talking about. Where can I ask certain questions I have when learning new topics? I’m not sure if there is anywhere I can post on SDN but I’d love some help with my current question if anyone is willing to assist me. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever I'm trying to learn about a new subject in depth in the field of basic science, I look for review papers written by scientists at the leading edge of that field. Usually google searching (or google scholar searching) the subject like "[insert subject] review" gets me what I want. Those things are dense and will usually have all the information I need. If not, the references at the end of the paper show me where I can learn more.

If even then you have questions, well then a professor's office hours would be a good place to go.

Reactions: 1 users