Responses to Thank You emails

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whykiki

Friends call me kiki!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl!

At the risk of sounding as neurotic as EndingMySamsonite or whatever his name was, I was wondering if it's pretty common to have your interviewers respond to thank you emails. Should I not expect one?

Members don't see this ad.

only one from a student

i emailed 2 faculty interviewers and 1 student interviewer and received a reply from the faculty ones. my student interviewer didn't email me back.

but i wouldn't take it as a bad sign if they don't respond.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent thank you emails to 4 faculty and 1 student. Only 1 faculty interviewer responded.

I have a 50% response rate from faculty and or interviewer....i think it's nice to get the acknowledgement...but in the end, it makes no difference. I got accepted at schools, where there was no reply from either interviewer:)

Hi ppl!

At the risk of sounding as neurotic as EndingMySamsonite or whatever his name was, I was wondering if it's pretty common to have your interviewers respond to thank you emails. Should I not expect one?

I try to respond to thank you emails, just to be polite. But this is just one reason why the emails are far less preferable to a thank you note or card. The emails generally seem hastily written and then have the implied obligation on my part to respond (which can be awkward, particularly if the interview didn't go well). A non-email thank you is a much nicer gesture, in my opinion. :thumbup:

thnx guys!