restroom before clicking 'next' during dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fashionation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called prometric today asking about 'unscheduled break' if I really should go to restroom.

She said okay but the time is running.

Is there a 'click next' button in between Science n PAT and/or Reading n Math? Wonder if it holds until I click 'next' quickly after restroom in case?

Better to know just in case.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it will hold for a total of 15 minutes after the PAT portion of the test, this is your scheduled break. It does allow you control (the ability to click next and start the next section), but it also automatically starts the next section if you do nothing for 15 minutes.

I called prometric today asking about 'unscheduled break' if I really should go to restroom.

She said okay but the time is running.

Is there a 'click next' button in between Science n PAT and/or Reading n Math? Wonder if it holds until I click 'next' quickly after restroom in case?

Better to know just in case.

Once the time runs out on Science/Reading the next section starts pretty much automatically.

I actually vividly remember this because I had to take a quick break between Science and PAT, so I just finished my problems a lil quick than double checked, ran to the restroom as fast as I could, ran back as fast as I could than checked my answers again till time ran out on SNS hahaha

I actually remember when I took the DAT that between the Science and PAT section there was a pop up that said Times Up! Hit next to continue (something like that) and I remember wondering if I was to not hit next and run to the restroom, whether the pop up would stay there and the next section wouldn't start. I was too nervous to test it though and I didn't feel like waiting around to see and possibly have some PAT time ran out. It sure would have been cool to tell everyone though. Anyone have a similar experience?

-Again, I'm not talking about the obvious 15 minute break you get.

Last edited:
In between Science and PAT there is no break, once the timer finishes the 90 min it automatically moves on to PAT. There is no next button you need to click and confirm that you are ready for PAT. Normally though you'll have plenty of time to spare and you can just make yourself a break. If I remember correctly, I had a pretty large chunk of time left over and I spent a couple minutes just meditating to kind of relax and re-focus before PAT.