Resubmitting LoR to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purple Yams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted a secondary to Boston University and received an email saying that one of my LoR writers did not signature or use official letterhead. It says I need to resubmit the LoR to AMCAS. Does anyone know how I go about updating my LoR through AMCAS? Once the LoR are in the AMCAS application I can't edit them.

Also, once my new LoR gets to AMCAS, should I send the new LoR to all the schools or just the ones that request it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
+1 Same situation. Anyone been through this before?

My (guess) would be that you register a new letter code for the writer, which will give them a new letter code to upload too...

Unless there's an option on their end to re-upload a document using the same code. I would call the AMCAS help line to confirm.

I accidentally mixed up my letter writers' codes, so my supervisor received a code designated for my science professor and vice versa. I had to delete both of the letters and re-register their information, but that's obviously a different situation. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
You do not need to create a new slot for the letter. They can just resubmit it using the same letter ID, AMCAS will add the letter (not replace), and the most recently uploaded letter will be the first one that medical schools see. AMCAS will notify medical schools that there has been an update.

You do not need to create a new slot for the letter. They can just resubmit it using the same letter ID, AMCAS will add the letter (not replace), and the most recently uploaded letter will be the first one that medical schools see. AMCAS will notify medical schools that there has been an update.

Oh wow, really? That's great, thanks :)
Did this happen to you before?

Yes, I had the same thing happen and this is exactly what AMCAS told me :)