Results From Shortened Official MCAT Test.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlcarter45

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently received my MCAT score from July 31st, 2020. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I used Princeton Review and UWorld primarily to study, and spent most of my time on the Chemistry/Physics and Biology/Biochemistry sections. I did the least preparation for CARS I spent 3 months on content review and 3 months on targeted practice/review. Sadly, my Chem/Phys score was still terrible.
My scores were as following:

Chem/Phys 121 (12th percentile)
CARS 129 (95th percentile)
B/B 125 (50th percentile)
Psch/Soc 128 (80th percentile)

Overall score 503.
Needless to say, the chem/phys section was by FAR my weakest. I took 2 AAMC practice tests and 2 Princeton Review practice tests and never dropped below 124 in the Chem/Phys section. I was surprised and beyond disappointed with this section score. For extra info, I have worked as an EMT-B, have over 500 hours of shadowing, volunteered with RAM (300 hours), and served in leadership positions throughout campus. A retake is out of the question for this cycle (masters classes and work) and I was curious what all of you thought about my chances for applying this cycle?

I would specifically like to attend an MD program and stay in the Southeastern United States.

I would appreciate your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

What were your AAMC practice scores?

I cannot recommend moving forward with applying this cycle. A 503 is well below the median for MD and I don’t know of any programs that would consider a 121 section score. I would plan on retaking the mcat this spring. Take some time to process your score and determine weaknesses of your approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users