results of summer courses and GPA if app has already been submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donnyo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app while I am taking summer courses.
I've paid $99 for multiple schools, but have not paid for any supplement fees. Will the results of my summer courses not be factored into my GPA until I pay for the supplement? I'm hoping my summer courses will raise my GPA.
Is it better to wait for the results of my summer courses before paying any supplemental fees, or is it too late to factor in grades from this summer?
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.
Thank you for any advice/answers!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming it's the same for dental school as medical school, but whatever grades are on your transcript at the time that you requested your transcript from your school will be calculated in your GPA that's on your application. There's always the option of sending the schools that you've applied to an updated version of your transcript after your summer grades have been finalized.

If you get those grades that raise your GPA, you could go ahead and ask permission to mail new transcripts/email copies to your top choices. Otherwise, wait patiently until the academic update that will be made available in November and that you can only submit ONE time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you used a GPA calculator to determine how much the summer courses will raise your GPA assuming they do well? You generally can't take too many credits in a single summer session so it's unlikely it will significantly affect your GPA or make delaying your application worthwhile. I'd submit your supplemental information/payments now.

What is the November academic update? If we update our grades on the application, do schools see them right away?