Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Resume - Non Trad student

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by raom_dtpi, Apr 26, 2004.

1. raom_dtpi

raom_dtpi Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I am working on a one page resume for my applicantion. I am a non trad student. BS - EE, MS - CS, + 7 yrs Consulting + Pre-Med. I'd like some feedback on how I could tailor my resume to fit the profile of a med school applicant. I am sure there are several non trads out there with similar background...Thank you!

Here are my thoughts - I plan to include a summary of professional experience and a section for academic accomplishments. (Although my research projects in Encription algorithms and Natural Language Processing are dated, it was a good research experience for me) I think putting in my volunteering experience makes it redunddant because i would talk about it in my essays and interviews....What are your thoughts on how to tie it all together?

Thanks!
    Scout

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am pretty sure that resumes are not necessary for medical school...I am also non-trad and not one school asked for this..

4. edik

edik Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had 7 years experience in IT prior to applying (CS major in college).
    Very few schools ask you for the resume. To those that did, I sent them an abridged version of my 5-page regular resume. I emphasized my biotech job a lot more than others of course. Other than that, I pretty much left it in tact.
    Good luck.