Retail to Pharma/CROs (Medical affair/Medical Information)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zizuzizu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have been working as a retail pharmacist for 3 years now. I am looking into transitioning my career into pharma or CROs.
I have applied to many companies for the past 2 years but gotten the generic email that I don't match to the applicant they are looking for. I was wondering if anyone of you here has transitioned from retail to Pharma/CROs in Medical Affairs or Medical Information and would be willing to share your experience here.

I greatly appreciate any feedback

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I have been working as a retail pharmacist for 3 years now. I am looking into transitioning my career into pharma or CROs.
I have applied to many companies for the past 2 years but gotten the generic email that I don't match to the applicant they are looking for. I was wondering if anyone of you here has transitioned from retail to Pharma/CROs in Medical Affairs or Medical Information and would be willing to share your experience here.

Thanks!
Bumping this thread because I'm interested in this as well

Hello

Thanks!
CRO or industry is probably about 0.00001% of the job market. My wife got an offer in the industry but had to turn it down because of location. She has a Ph.D in biochem. If you live in places such as Austin, NY or norcal you probably have a better chance but anywhere else it will be impossible. You're competing against much more than just pharmds. Just find another career. lol