1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Retake Advice Please. I am Devastated...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by qutbshah, Sep 4, 2014.

?

Should I retake on September 18?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. qutbshah

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So i just took my MCAT today and I bombed it. Extremely upset with myself mainly cause it was my own stupidity. I took 10 practice tests...but did them all 2:00 pm whereas my MCAT was at 8:00 am. To make matters even worse for my self, I had bad sleeping habits. So when I was writing the exam today, I couldn't process anything out of the passage and did terrible. PS right off the bat broke me, and the rest I just couldn't gather myself. This is because PS was my strongest section on the AAMC, where i was in the 12-13 range. Even on TBR CBTs i was somewhere around an 11-12...
    Anyways, enough with the excuses. I voided the exam and now I would like your advises on my next step. Canada, being Canada, is not taking 2014 MCAT scores after this application cycle (appears to be most universities doing this). The next possible date I could sign up for the exam is September 18 and now school has started too...It is going to be hectic trying to write the next one because it might be in a different city. So would you recommend I forget the MCAT for now and write the newer one in 2015 which actually lasts 3 years as opposed to this one, or should I just retake it this September and just do more TBR CBTs in the given 2 weeks. A part of me doesn't want to let go this summer to waste, especially cause I was content with AAMC scores :(
    I don't know if this will make things clearer, Canadian med schools are not the same as American, they do not give any advantage/preference to those who applied first. Application deadlines are mid-october to november...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PKU

PKU
    2+ Year Member

Weird,

When I spoke with uoft they said they accept this MCAT until it's expiry date.

Maybe I should call them again.

4. qutbshah

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Most the ones I looked into, have either switched or are contemplating on switching. U of A, U of S, UBC, and U of C.

5. soporific

5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    ^ UofA and UofC are the only two that have confirmed they will not be accepting the old MCAT past this admissions cycle.

UBC and UofS, for example, have confirmed they WILL accept the old MCAT for a little while longer.

6. qutbshah

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for letting me know. I guess my info is a bit old lol. What do you suggest on the retake?

7. omegaz

2+ Year Member

Same thing happened to me. I panicked on the first passage, and the rest of PS was a torture. I hope the curve is generous.