This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shotapp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Agreed with @Goro. MCAT >>> upper levels (in my opinion) so it's better to have a solid foundation. And no one would question you retaking them with more than 5 years in between - that seems normal.

Good work on the post-bacc grades so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've said this many times before but everyone knows that the main prereq's are harder classes than most upper level classes. Specifically Chem 1+2, Ochem 1+2 and Physics 1+2. Taking a bunch of easy to medium upper level bio courses won't demonstrate a deviation from past performance. Redo the prereq's with straight A's, smash the MCAT and then you've demonstrated you can handle the material. The good news is that your current performance shows that you likely should be able to do both of those things.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed with above posters. Retake. I know it sucks, but it'll not only give you a better recent showing of mastery of the pre-reqs (which adcoms want to see), but will also put you in a much better position for the MCAT.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed with above posters. Retake. I know it sucks, but it'll not only give you a better recent showing of mastery of the pre-reqs (which adcoms want to see), but will also put you in a much better position for the MCAT.

Best of luck!
+1

I did this and it helped a lot: for the MCAT, for bringing up the gpa, and for having more recent (and better) grades to enter in secondaries that require you to reenter your coursework.

Reactions: 1 user