Retake Biology or O-Chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CajunMedic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings. Non-traditional student here.Currently have a 3.57 with approx. 3.3 BCPM. Last semester I made a B in Organic Chem but a C in Freshman Biology, Well, this semester looks like a B in Biology but a C in Organic. If everything works out, I should be able to keep the 3.5 and 3.2. Would these be worth retaking?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your Mcat score is decent you won't really need to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not going to say you have to retake anything because I was accepted with a few C's. But if you are going to retake anything, I agree with FrkyBgStok in that you should retake freshman biology. Not sure if you have taken the MCAT yet, but from what I remember there wasn't much organic chemistry on the MCAT. The ochem that was covered was super basic (no pun intended).

Getting a C in freshman Bio hurts you more than a C in O-CHEM. I think you you have done well in your other freshman Bio classes, ie gotten A's mostly, you don't have to retake one bio class that you have gotten a C in. But If you have mostly gotten B's in your bio classes, you should retake the one that you got a C in and try to get an A this time.

Nope. Your numbers are fine, so don't fuss.

Greetings. Non-traditional student here.Currently have a 3.57 with approx. 3.3 BCPM. Last semester I made a B in Organic Chem but a C in Freshman Biology, Well, this semester looks like a B in Biology but a C in Organic. If everything works out, I should be able to keep the 3.5 and 3.2. Would these be worth retaking?