Retake MCAT with Acceptance to CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a third year student who took took the MCAT in August of 04. It wasn't the best score, but with all my activities, letters, etc, I got into CCOM. I really like the school, but since I'm graduating in 3 years, as in this May, would you all recommend taking the MCATS again in April and taking a year off to reapply for c/o 2006 , or should I just go (also, i havent started studying yet).

Members don't see this ad.

bigbody said:
I am a third year student who took took the MCAT in August of 04. It wasn't the best score, but with all my activities, letters, etc, I got into CCOM. I really like the school, but since I'm graduating in 3 years, as in this May, would you all recommend taking the MCATS again in April and taking a year off to reapply for c/o 2006 , or should I just go (also, i havent started studying yet).
If you have been accepted into CCOM, I think that you should go. If you have some personal reservation about the school, then don't go.
csh

bigbody said:

I dont understand? Why would you waste another year if you are already accepted?

You can be a doctor a year earlier now.

OSUdoc08 said:
I dont understand? Why would you waste another year if you are already accepted?

You can be a doctor a year earlier now.

Thats what I'm leaning towards. It was more of an itch to reach my full potential on the mcat kind of thing, but if i'm in i'm in.

Members don't see this ad :)
what if for some reason something happens on test day? e.g. really bad migrane.

Don't tempt fate.

bigbody said:
Thats what I'm leaning towards. It was more of an itch to reach my full potential on the mcat kind of thing, but if i'm in i'm in.

Use your full potential to Ace your boards. Would you go back and take the SAT now?

bigbody said:

What kind of score did you get on the MCAT? And if you wanna go to a DO school, then you are all set. However, if you heart is set on allopathic (and it doesn't sound like it is), then I would retake. One year really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.