Retake NBDE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k3nshin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that partial retake has been closed.....it is still possible to retake the whole test if you are disappointed with the score, right?

I'm skeptical because I have only a month to study :(....But I can efficiently study around 14hours a day....I know it really depends person to person but do u think it is enough to get a good score?

If retake isnt possible than i rather wait a little longer and give my exams in december

Members don't see this ad.

I have read somewhere that partial retake has been closed.....it is still possible to retake the whole test if you are disappointed with the score, right?

I'm skeptical because I have only a month to study :(....But I can efficiently study around 14hours a day....I know it really depends person to person but do u think it is enough to get a good score?

If retake isnt possible than i rather wait a little longer and give my exams in december

Partial retake is not possible but you can repeat the whole exam if the score is not satisfactory. Again, if you are a fresh graduate and in touch with the subject etc. 14 hrs a day for a month would be enough provided you retain well. Good luck.

Do you plan to be a GP or specialize? I would recommend retake only if you want to apply to competitive residency programs. 14 hours a day should be enough. If you plan to be a GP I don't think you should consider the retake. The important thing is that you passed it. Keep in mind that only the latest exam score counts which means one could fail if one scores below 75.

I plan on specializing Orthodontics...I'm currently studying my 3rd year in a foreign non-accredited college...so currently I'm planning to study only for the Part I once i finish my 3rd yr in June...will take the boards in July

Once i finish my 4th year, i'll take the Part II since I heard many schools prefer a candidate more if they have given both Part I and Part II for the Advance Standing Program