Retake non prereq bio class I got a C+ in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I retake this class?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

predental guy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know for AADSAS, retaking the a class and getting an A would have exactly the same effect as earning an A in a new class, as AADSAS does not replace grades.

I wonder should I retake it if mastering the material could help ensure better prep for dental school. It's a non-basic bio class I will have in dental school.

I am concerned about how this can look to ADCOMS.

Members don't see this ad.

if it's not a prereq, you shouldn't do it. i've heard from many that if you do retake it, it doesn't prove anything to adcoms. And if you get anything less than an A, it would look terrible. Add on a few easy science classes to try to compensate.

Add on a few easy science classes to try to compensate.

Do you have any suggestions?

If I'm not retaking, I'm taking Orgo 2 and Human Physiology next semester.

I've got my gen eds down, and I was thinking of taking Physics of Sports for fun. It's a non-major/gen ed class. I'm not sure how that looks to dental schools but I like both physics and sports.

In addition to that, I'd probably enjoy another semester of Spanish, but that won't help my sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't bother retaking. Just do well in subsequent science classes. I had one C+ in a biochem class and that didn't come up in my interviews so far, sort of. In my first interview, the interviewer did say, "I guess I could ask you about that grade you got in biochem, but I don't see a point." All my other grades are A's and B's.

how about if i got a D in a non-prereq class? (calc 2) should i still retake it