Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspen D

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a C+ in my chemistry class first semestr,and a C+ this semester, leaving me with a BCPM GPA of 3.1.

Should I retake this chemistry class at a different school? I feel as if I know chemistry, but that the professor wasn't the greatest...and there was only one chemistry class offered at my school.

Oh yes, and I'll be a sophomore

Members don't see this ad.

even with the gpa? i'm not a bio major...i'm a poli sci major

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, even with the GPA. You'll be a sophomore. So, you still have more science classes ahead of you, even if you're a poli. sci. major, right? How many more of the basic science pre-reqs do you have left to take?

Well, I am taking physics this summer but not at my usual school, and I will be taking Orgo this coming school year. I will take Cell Bio and Animal Behavior Jr year and maybe take another bio class if I have time. I did Biochem pass/fail because that's what most people at my school do.

if you're ever going to retake a class, you must do it at the same school you took it the first time. if not, it looks bad. u know this.

My only issue with that is that the professor is the same..My school is REALLY small...and I'll be doing the same crud again.

Well, I am taking physics this summer but not at my usual school, and I will be taking Orgo this coming school year. I will take Cell Bio and Animal Behavior Jr year and maybe take another bio class if I have time. I did Biochem pass/fail because that's what most people at my school do.

Just keep taking those other science courses. The grades you make in them will affect your BCMP the same way that a third chem grade would, UNLESS you take them pass/fail. P/F classes do nothing to your GPA.

It's water over the dam, now, but biochem is a pre-req for some schools. You should avoid taking prereqs p/f.

If you were to take chem a 3rd time at a different school, even if you came it with a higher grade, it would still come across as trying to find an easy way out. I don't think you want that.