retakers, how are you feeling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBI831

legend in the making
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
retakers, now we've got less than 3 weeks until the rematch how are you feeling? better than last time? i, for one, after studying like a fiend this past six weeks can see how much i glazed over the first time around and now everything makes much more sense. i'm actually kinda looking forward to the mcat now? now, i know you might not feel my level of geeky elation but how are you feeling? the same? worse? gave up?

Members don't see this ad.

EBI831 said:
retakers, now we've got less than 3 weeks until the rematch how are you feeling? better than last time? i, for one, after studying like a fiend this past six weeks can see how much i glazed over the first time around and now everything makes much more sense. i'm actually kinda looking forward to the mcat now? now, i know you might not feel my level of geeky elation but how are you feeling? the same? worse? gave up?

definitely doing better than i was a year ago, though still worrying that my bs score will stay where it is (at the 7-8 level)

Iceageheatwave said:
definitely doing better than i was a year ago, though still worrying that my bs score will stay where it is (at the 7-8 level)

Been working practice passages relentlessly in my weak areas (G-chem and waves) but I have not tested my ability with any tests lately. I am going to take aamc's 4-6 in the upcoming weeks as well as retake the sciences in 9.

Good luck.

I took the april test but voided the score. I knew i wasnt going to score it about three weeks before the test because i wasnt ready but decided to eat the $110 to use it as practice. I am a non trad student and was still taking orgo and physics and had taken bio condensed two summers ago so it was really rusty. I was testing in the 25-27 range in april. Now I am in the 30-33 range so i feel waaaaay better. Just looking forward to getting the beast out of the way!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling far more prepared and confident going in to this exam, so far.

from 23 to 35 whoa there nelly! i'm up about 4 points i'd say using harder tests(ie the late kaplans 6-11) i've yet to take an aamc cuz i wanna save them. also, i've been ignoring verbal, i'm just about to get back onto verbal...started back today and found that if i don't read the passage i do better than when i do(a 12 v. a 10) so that's no relief hahahhaha

Y'all sound so calm! I am nervous as HELL! :) Steady in the sciences but no love from the verbal gods. But, in the back of mind I have a plan B. Just hopin I don't have to use it.

I'm feeling really good this time around, of course I felt great last time, too, because I didn't care and didn't study at all... this time around I've been studying off and on since january, I feel like I've had the material all down for the last couple months and my practice scores are settling in right at my target score... :thumbup:

i'm feeling like i'm much more prepared this time around.

and as a result, i'm feeling way less stressed than last year at this time.

i think it was a good decision to devote the entire summer to the mcat..and hopefully it will pay off.

i'm up about 5 points from where i was last year at this time. and i'm about to start doing some more aamc tests (already did 7 and 8, 32 and 30 respectively).

hoping for a 32+ on the big day. while i'm fairly calm now, i feel more nervous at the thought of finding out my scores in october. :eek: it really counts this time. last year, at least there was the cushion of "i can always write it again".

My verbal is improving a lot, but I've only gone up one point on each science section. I've just got to keep trucking. The test is so close and I have to get a 30. I'm at 29 now.

I think I feel a bit more prepared than the April MCAT.

I am feeling better and more prepared. I got a 25R in April 2005, 24R in August 2005 (didn't study much!)...and now from learning to not be so stressed out...I have managed to do better...and reach my goal of a 34 on FL 2...i went down a few points on FL 3 because I was really sick. I was so bogged down from my first two MCAT scores and people told me maybe this field isn't right for me...but I decided to take the challenge on again because i really want to be a doctor. Hopefully I can maintain in the 30s...i am just wondering if they will frown upon my old scores or like the fact that I improved (which I hope I will!!)..?

You know, the thing that keeps bouncing around in my head is that most people don't really improve their scores very much upon re-taking the exam... I am hoping for a 4 point boost (from a 28 to a 32)... but my highest score thus far is a 29... I suspect that if I improve at all on the real deal, it will only be by a point. Of course, that is good enough IMO for the schools I am applying to.

Other than that, I'm feeling okay. The whole looming/impending doom of the MCAT isn't quite as frightening as the first time.