Retaking AAMC tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuzyQ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I took AAMC tests 3-6 before I took the MCAT last April and did absolutely horribly!! Im taking the MCAT this August again and have taken AAMC 4-6 again and have done extremelyy better this time around ( jumped like 15 points). My question is...do you guys this this is a good indication that I will do OK this time around even though my scores are from tests I took like 5 months ago. I mean....i seriously didnt remember any of the questions or answers but the passages seemed vaugely familiar to me the second time around. Do you think there is any way that just by seeing the same questions and answers could have triggered my brain , leading me to the correct answer? I know this sounds stupid but Im wondering if I shouldnt be so happy about my scores....Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

suzyQ,
as you know, a HUGE part of doing well on the mcat is having confidence. it doesn't matter whether you SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be so happy with your scores...you should just take the improvement for what it is...a 15 point jump is huge and yes, the fact that you took the tests before and felt more comfortable with the passages could've affected your score, but just pretend that this was your first time seeing the tests b/c having that kind of confidence will really help you on saturday!!!
good luck!

Yes...i absolutely agree with you that confidence plays a HUGE role on how you will do on the MCAT. When I took those AAMC tests in March and April I hadnt really studied all that much and why I got such low scores. This time around I have studied my butt off and know SOOOOOO much more so Im thinking that thats why I improved so much on the AAMC tests this time around. Yeah...It is possible that a few did seem familiar to me but I couldnt have jumped a 10-15 points on each diag if I hadnt known the information, right? Im just trying to be optimistic and trying to boost up my confidence!!