Retaking and Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the 4/16 MCAT, didn't do as well as I wanted, so I'm scheduled for the June 15 MCAT. By taking it June 15, I won't be getting my scores back until mid-July. If I send in my primary application then, would it still be considered "early"?

Also, with the primary application, once you submit it, can you go back and add more schools to send it to? I'm asking because with my stats, I'm guaranteed an interview at the medical school in my home state, so, I figured the earlier I get my application in there, the earlier I can get my secondary in there, too and then send my app. to other schools once I know my retake score.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the 4/16 MCAT, didn't do as well as I wanted, so I'm scheduled for the June 15 MCAT. By taking it June 15, I won't be getting my scores back until mid-July. If I send in my primary application then, would it still be considered "early"?

Also, with the primary application, once you submit it, can you go back and add more schools to send it to? I'm asking because with my stats, I'm guaranteed an interview at the medical school in my home state, so, I figured the earlier I get my application in there, the earlier I can get my secondary in there, too and then send my app. to other schools once I know my retake score.

In general application that are submitted in the 'J; months are early. Yes, you can add more schools to your AMCAS at any time. Submitting your app early, therefore getting it in line for processing only requires one school be selected, and is a very good thing! Also get your LOR's in order during this time. In the olden days, i.e. last year:rolleyes: , many folks submitted their primary before even knowing their MCAT scores. Good luck:luck: