Retaking Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitzi M

mmrtnz
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
So far I have 2 C's in 2 prereqs... I know some schools dont care much if you reatke it but would it be a good idea to retake them?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA/sGPA? Any MCAT score yet? Were the classes from a while ago or more recently?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!
So far I have 2 C's in 2 prereqs... I know some schools dont care much if you reatke it but would it be a good idea to retake them?
Thank you
And what classes were they? Did you do better in the follow-up class if it was part of a series? More context is needed to answer your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA so far is 3.62 sGPA is 3.11 with the C's. No MCAT score yet. Well I am about to be a junior and these classes were over this last sophomore year. The second semester of Biology and second semester of general chemistry.

cGPA/sGPA? Any MCAT score yet? Were the classes from a while ago or more recently?

And what classes were they? Did you do better in the follow-up class if it was part of a series? More context is needed to answer your question.

It was the second semester for both general chemistry and biology. I did good in the first parts. For chemistry I took OChem 1 this last semester and I got an A.

It was the second semester for both general chemistry and biology. I did good in the first parts. For chemistry I took OChem 1 this last semester and I got an A.
Unless you didn't grasp the material sufficiently to do well on the MCAT, you need not necessarily retake the classes. You have redeemed the Gen Chem II C grade with an A in Ochem, and can potentially do the same for the Bio II grade with upper-level Bio.

For MD schools, you may need to take more math and science than anticipated to get your BCPM into a more competitive range.

For DO schools, retaken grades replace the original grade if you want a faster route to sGPA redemption.