Retaking Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faeelin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about retaking classes that I did poorly in over the last year.

I know that some schools take the average of your first grade and 2nd grade; and others take only your 2nd. How can I find out what a school does?

Members don't see this ad.

Faeelin said:
Hello, I am thinking about retaking classes that I did poorly in over the last year.

I know that some schools take the average of your first grade and 2nd grade; and others take only your 2nd. How can I find out what a school does?

For the most part, MD programs take ALL grades into account, this includes the 1st, and 2nd (and 3rd, 4th, etc) times. DO programs count the best grade. I have not heard of any MD schools taking your second grade, but I do admit that I have not looked at every school that uses AMCAS.

I can tell you this though, all California schools that offer an MD degree take ALL grades into account, and the same goes for the vast majority of MD schools (if not all of them).