Retaking classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forestgump

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
So i know that AMCAS averages retake and original classes so I was wondering If its worth retaking the Chem I and II. I got B's in both of them by very slim margins, they are the only two science classes I havent gotten A's or A-'s. What do you all think, my GPA is one of the strongest parts of my application (3.84). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, it's not worth a retake. How does the rest of your app look?

MCAT
clinical experience
community service
leadership
research
passion

Hey all,
So i know that AMCAS averages retake and original classes so I was wondering If its worth retaking the Chem I and II. I got B's in both of them by very slim margins, they are the only two science classes I havent gotten A's or A-'s. What do you all think, my GPA is one of the strongest parts of my application (3.84). Thanks!

That would be really stupid no offense. Spend that time doing something the adcoms will care about- they are NOT going to care that you only have a 3.84 and not a 3.93 or w/e

Members don't see this ad :)
The rest of my application is ok, Im preping for the mcat with Kaplan and am thinking I'll be able to get in the low 30s. I have so research experience, no publications, one semester so far, (spring Junior year) I have about 100 hours of clinical shadowing. I co-founded a mission organization that has made two trips, (Bahamas and Haiti.) I have volunterred at my Church. I was a member of a Leadship organization of campus and also the Pre- Heath club. Ive worked off and on throughout college which takes up alot of time so I havent gotten to do the 1000 hours of ER volunteering that everyone else seems to do. I plan to do more volunteering over the summer and later this semester, I know its late in the game but its all i can do. Is there anything else you'd suggest?

You look fine. Work on your personal statement and I bet you will get in somewhere. :) Try to tie your experiences together into a compelling story.