retaking classes??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perkypup6260

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have figured out that if I were to retake a few of my classes, 9 of them to be exact, that would raise my science GPA from a 2.44 to a 3.3... and then if I take the rest of my science classes and get as many A's as possible I will get a science GPA at 3.6... so here is my question... would retaking these classes to try to increase my GPA look really bad on my application? Or should I just take a whole bunch of extra science classes to try to up my GPA? If I do the second route than they will see an upward trend in my GPA... from C's to hopefully A's... I am more determined than ever now... please tell me what you think... don't hold back...thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Adcomms love to see a good redemption story, so retakes won't be looked down on.

It is in your best interest, if you plan to apply to DO schools, to retake the classes, because of the faster rise in GPA. if you plan to apply to MD schools, then reither etaking or taking new coursework will effect your application GPA in the same way.

Either way, you will show an upward grade trend that will reflect well on you.

yes.. i have heard the same and actually am trying to redeem myself by retaking classes again.. almost all of my science pre reqs. :)