Retaking classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impervious0ne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a little need of advice here:

I bombed my freshmen year. I wasn't ready for college, and to make it worse, I took 3 science classes (each with labs) and a math class during second semester. Needless to say, it hurt my GPA alot. I am planning on retaking any core classes that is C+ or less during fall or spring semester to show that the person now is very different from person then.

I have 2 questions:

Should I retake classes that I got a B in as well?

and would it be recommendable to take upper level biology class (e.g. human physio) for the summer?

I am planning on doing EC's, but I don't think it will take all of my summer time. I think I can squeeze in a class or two.

Any response will be awesome. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a little need of advice here:

I bombed my freshmen year. I wasn't ready for college, and to make it worse, I took 3 science classes (each with labs) and a math class during second semester. Needless to say, it hurt my GPA alot. I am planning on retaking any core classes that is C+ or less during fall or spring semester to show that the person now is very different from person then.

I have 2 questions:

Should I retake classes that I got a B in as well?

and would it be recommendable to take upper level biology class (e.g. human physio) for the summer?

I am planning on doing EC's, but I don't think it will take all of my summer time. I think I can squeeze in a class or two.

Any response will be awesome. :D
No, don't retake the courses you got in a B in. I think they average the course grades out so it wouldn't make a big of a difference in your gpa if you did. Just focus on the ones you got a C or worse in.

Can anyone comment on retaking core classes or upper level biology classes during summer?

I heard that taking pre-med classes during the summer can be frowned upon.