Retaking Kaplan, better to study TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeeleshD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking the Kaplan course under the Higher Score Guarantee and since I didn't do so well on the real thing (a 28, despite averaging an AAMC/Kaplan 33) I'm hesitant to just follow the Kaplan study plan again (although I've been doing so for the past month). I already have the TBR book set and am considering using them instead and utilizing the Kaplan online resources. Is this a good idea? I like the study structure that the Kaplan class affords me but if in the end it doesn't help me get a better score, I'm willing to ditch it. It seems like most of you on SDN dislike the Kaplan course and love TBR, but I only have until May 8th to prepare and I don't think I'll be able to go through all the TBR books on top of my school schedule. I am willing to move my MCAT back though (to the 31st), but I'm worried that might hurt my chances since I'll be applying this upcoming cycle. I'm not sure what to do. Please let me know your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: