Retaking Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know there is a discount on kaplan if you take it again. I took their spring course, but I'm deciding to take the mcat next april. If I decide to take the class again next spring will I still get the discount? Ohyeah, and how much is it discounted?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I think you can still get the discount. Retaking the class costs about 500 dollars. So Its a pretty big discount

it only cost me 400 to retake it for me. im doing it right now, but screw the lectures just use the materials

it only cost me 400 to retake it for me. im doing it right now, but screw the lectures just use the materials

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by AntGod22:
•it only cost me 400 to retake it for me. im doing it right now, but screw the lectures just use the materials•••••400 dollars? Wow, I think I'm definately going to retake it just for the practice materials. You get all of the aamc materials, and to buy those you have to pay almost 200 bucks anyway!

i think you can take the refresher course (which costs 399) within the same year you took the first course...so call asap to make sure you can get the cheap rate b/c those practice materials are worth it IMO

i also heard the videos were better than the lectures b/c they have their best people teaching on them :wink:

Yeah, I retook the course for $399. I think it's worth it. You get all the Kaplan materials and the AAMC materials. IMO the classes aren't worth going to the second time around. If you need some refreshing... watch the videos. I think the videos are better than the classes.

Good luck :)

just wanted to add that the videos are great! :D
my gen chem instructor was bad, but i liked the video. just bring lots of your favorite caffienated beverage-- they're long videos.

Originally posted by AntGod22:

If all someone wants if the materials, why pay $400 to kaplan? Why not buy materials from EK and Berkeley Review and end up with more stuff that you can take anywhere you want to study?

The whole Kaplan idea of checking materials out seems so odd to me. It is cheap to print materials, especially for a company owned by a Newspaper manufacturer (Washington Post). Why don't they just give you the materials? Unless it's their goal to extract an extra $400 from people.

It just seems odd to read comments like "cheap", "worthless lectures", and "$400" in the same passage. Just my $0.02!

Kaplan is a waste of money, I took the course and scored low on the MCAT.

Buy the used materials from someone who took the course and already got into med school. The books are helpful. The lectures are worthless waste of time. I already sold my set to a premed.

Kaplan is worth it, if you put your effort into it....do the practice materials and practice practice practice....

nero