Retaking MCAT for next Cycle what happens this Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flyers12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So currently I have already applied this cycle and have been waitlisted at a couple places. I was wondering if when I retake my MCAT this weekend, will the scores be sent out to the medical schools that I have been waitlisted at or is any MCAT from this point forward only considered for next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So currently I have already applied this cycle and have been waitlisted at a couple places. I was wondering if when I retake my MCAT this weekend, will the scores be sent out to the medical schools that I have been waitlisted at or is any MCAT from this point forward only considered for next cycle.

The schools may still be able to see it, but it'll only be considered for the 2013-2014 cycle.

:thumbup: Most schools explicitly state they only consider MCAT scores taken in the previous calendar year at the latest. Some schools will consider January scores, but I've never heard of any school considering anything after January of the same year.

The schools may still be able to see it, but it'll only be considered for the 2013-2014 cycle.