Quantcast

Retaking MCAT in April... What is different about 2013 test?

Join BeMo MCAT MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikoness

Reaction score
Took MCAT before... I understand there will be changes made to 2015 version but also 2013 version...
Is the writing section gone? Something else in its place? Is the format different?

Also, do I need new study materials tailored to the new version or can I still use materials from 2010? Thanks.

lpp06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No writing section, PS/BS/VS are all unchanged. Trial Section was added that you can complete for a 30 dollar gift card

BABSstudent

Established Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took MCAT before... I understand there will be changes made to 2015 version but also 2013 version...
Is the writing section gone? Something else in its place? Is the format different?

Also, do I need new study materials tailored to the new version or can I still use materials from 2010? Thanks.

Like was said before, everything is the same from 2012 except the writing section is gone.

I would probably buy a new book to study with. If you were talking about using 2012 for the 2013 test I would just use the old stuff. However, your study material is 3 years old. Some stuff may be different, including newer practice problems.

nikoness

Reaction score
No writing section, PS/BS/VS are all unchanged. Trial Section was added that you can complete for a 30 dollar gift card

30 dollar gift card...nice...it comes in the mail I assume?

Thats good for me I guess... I'll just consider the test being 30$ cheaper which shall help.