Retaking MCAT in June, submit app now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZSVDK_HNORC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to retake my April MCAT and I'm scheduled for June 20th. Should I wait until I get my June scores back to submit my final app or submit ASAP and update my MCAT later? Also, how do we go about sending AACOMAS our official transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend you read the instructions AACOMAS has posted. In the "Standardized Tests" section you should have the answer to your question. My interpretation of it is that you have to wait till June 16th to upload your April score and then you can put June planned and submit your application. After you take the June test than you can go back and update your new score.

Also, I scored around the same prelim as you and yet I'm not retaking it. I'm not saying you're doing the wrong thing at all. Best of luck on the retake. It's a decision that is highly contextual.

I recommend you read the instructions AACOMAS has posted. In the "Standardized Tests" section you should have the answer to your question. My interpretation of it is that you have to wait till June 16th to upload your April score and then you can put June planned and submit your application. After you take the June test than you can go back and update your new score.

Also, I scored around the same prelim as you and yet I'm not retaking it. I'm not saying you're doing the wrong thing at all. Best of luck on the retake. It's a decision that is highly contextual.

I get how to do it. I was more going along the lines of which option would be more beneficial to me? Submit earlier so that schools would only see the 1 MCAT or wait until I get my results of my new test and submit from there. If I submit early then update I also run the risk of submitting another MCAT score that I don't want.