1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

retaking mcat

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by amikhchi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. amikhchi

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i have been off the MCAT forums since i first took it in aug 07, but im back and registered for the april 4th mcat... hopefully i score better this time around, because as of yet, i have had NO luck in the application process (twice)...

2. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I remember you...get the BR books for PS. They helped me alot after my Aug 07 disaster.

I still did not do as great as wanted but I gave myself a chance according to my instate school I want to attend.

Good luck, bro!!

Let me know if I can help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amikhchi

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    well, i wouldn't call it a disaster, i actually thought i did great (from what i heard was the "magic number") but i have unfortunately learned there is no "magic number" and so i'm going to retake and improve my score and hope that helps... at least i have experience in taking the test now...

4. rocuronium

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Identify what your weak areas were when you wrote last time and concentrate your studying on those. Try to turn them into your strengths. Keep studying and writing practice tests until you are where you want to be. The rest is easy! :p

Happy studying!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amikhchi

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    it seems like for me it's all verbal, if i can improve from an 8 to an 11, the rest is cake... and i have a very specific plan of action for that... but it has been a while since i've been in the "books" so i'm going to have to review everything (some topics less/more than others).

6. rocuronium

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I took the test twice as well. My verbal mark the second time did not go up very much even though I worked very hard on it.

When I was studying for my second write I started right at the beginning and studied everything regardless of whether I though I knew it or not. There were a lot of concepts that I understood much less than I realized.

Good luck with the verbal. Work your butt of and hopefully you can achieve your goal!