• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Retaking MCATs?

jjiang2017

Apr 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    I took the MCATs in January and scored 511 (127/129/128/127). My initial goal was realistically 515+ (ideally 520) so I was planning to retake it over this summer. But with everything going on with shortened test times and rescheduling chaos, I wasn't sure if it's worth the trouble to retake the exam? Thoughts and advice?

Additional info that might be helpful:
    - I know I could have done better because I usually score 130+ on P/S.
    - I'm volunteering at a clinic this summer (if it's even open) a few full days a week
    - slightly below average gpa but t20 undergrad

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
    Vendor
    2+ Year Member
    Apr 25, 2019
    www.medschooltutors.com
    1. Medical Student
    2. Resident [Any Field]
    3. Attending Physician
      Do you need the MCAT to compensate for other parts of your application? Unless you're 100% confident you can score something like a 517+ on a retake, it's probably not worth the trouble to retake.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
      Med School Tutors

Reactions: 2 users
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.