retaking myth from 2010 onwards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmalikhan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey m extremely worried about it, tht one can't retake part 1, if you have scored passing marks, is it true? That if u have passed by 70% and no school is accepting you. so you'll say babye to dds than. Am i getting it corectly.

Members don't see this ad.

That's true, If you pass in Nbde exam you will not be able to take it again..

Hey m extremely worried about it, tht one can't retake part 1, if you have scored passing marks, is it true? That if u have passed by 70% and no school is accepting you. so you'll say babye to dds than. Am i getting it corectly.

its 75% right?

Members don't see this ad :)
does somebody have a chance to get into a school with that score?

very very very remote chance..unless you have a super glittering resume with publications and research work and experience.. but still most fo the schools need at least 85 plus..but occasionally people have got it with 81, 83..etc..

Yes, they do look at the whole package but atleast 80,81 plus part 2 is the minimum i will suggest, plus a "stellar CV".

At the end, schools know better

Hope u get the bigger picture.

Well this is unfortunately true but there is a very simple way of countering it.
When you sit for the exam count the number of questions that you know correctly. Now you can calculate that how many you are getting correct...
say you are getting 150 out of 200 then you know its 75% and it will get you nowhere and further ruin your chances of appearing for part 1. In such a case one can FAIL the test INTENTIONALLY. This will at least provide you with a chance for reappearing.
There is only 1 small problem...its percentile that one is after and not percentage...so you have make a guess that x number of answers will get y percentile...that can be a little confusing...but usually one knows how well they have done.

doc X is right..its too cunfusing to go into that detail for failing intentionally...so best way is to study really really hard and score well...making ur resume outstanding will be harder than scoring 90.so work hard for the exam..its the easiest way of getting into any good school..ALL THE VERY BEST

i agree with Doc X but i am gonna have to make a correction on his example, if u answer 150 questions out of 200 it means u'll get 87 or 88 becuz the score varies from 49 to 99 (49 is the lowest - No correct answers).. correct me guys if i am wrong

i agree with Doc X but i am gonna have to make a correction on his example, if u answer 150 questions out of 200 it means u'll get 87 or 88 becuz the score varies from 49 to 99 (49 is the lowest - No correct answers).. correct me guys if i am wrong

i was talking about the percentage and not score. these are 2 different things...i myself am not too sure about the scoring scheme

give the exam only if u think u can't do better no matter how hard u try. take mock tests to judge urself.
.. its simpler to prepare well and have faith in urself.