Retaking OAT

flower85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just took the OAT a few days ago, and did not perform that well. I will be taking the test again in 3 months. I want to know if I will be getting a different version of the test or the same one. For those who retook the OAT, did you think the level of difficulty was similar from the 1st and the 2nd one?

My worst score was in the RC section, but in the practice test, I had better score. Confused :confused:. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve on this section?

Members don't see this ad.

i think the second time was easier, but that's probably because i retook some pre-req classes over and had more time to study for the OAT the second time. as for the RC section, i think the passages on the second test were more straight forward. anyyway, g'luck :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I just took the OAT a few days ago, and did not perform that well. I will be taking the test again in 3 months. I want to know if I will be getting a different version of the test or the same one. For those who retook the OAT, did you think the level of difficulty was similar from the 1st and the 2nd one?

My worst score was in the RC section, but in the practice test, I had better score. Confused :confused:. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve on this section?

I found it helpful picking up a variety of books and just reading. The passages they give are kind of a crapshoot. Doing that helped increase the speed and efficiency of my reading. I would also sit down after a chapter and summarize what I read and what the writer was trying to say. Put an emphasis on reading whatever you pick up analytically. I found it more difficult reading the passage on the computer than, say, in a book - meaning I couldn't underline or mark sentences of importance in any way or jot notes of my thoughts as they came to me - but that is the best advice I can give. Read, read, read!