Retaking old AAMC exams that I never reviewed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatwoes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I took about 5 AAMC exams to prepare for my January MCAT date but I realized that I wasn't ready and rescheduled. All I did was see my score and I never bothered to review what I got right or wrong. I am taking retaking my exam at the end of this month and I would like to know if people would recommend me retaking those AAMCs. I only have like 3 or 4 AAMC exams left, one of them being #11. Would my score be accurate if I dont know what is right or wrong? For verbal, I know I'll remember reading the passage but I doubt I'll remember what I chose. Even if I did, I wouldnt know if it was right or wrong. But I guess the element of surprise is gone now and I probably won't be thrown off guard by anything I see. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the process of retaking the PS sections of the aamc's I have completed. I need the extra practice as my PS scores are the limiting aspect of my score.

You have every reason to retake any aamc question as often as you want or feel necessary.

Use them as ramp-up to the AAMCs you haven't actually taken to re-familiarize yourself with the format and style. I'd largely discount the scores but they would be at least somewhat useful to determine how your content and test-taking skills are.

Why not?

Review your answers this time around.

The reason I am hesitating is because I am very much relying on the score to tell me if I am ready for the real thing. I took like 5 practice exams and couldn't crack 20. I felt those exams were wasted. So I went back to the books and relearned everything.

I'm actually in the middle of AAMC 8 right now (on my 9 min break) I still feel like I haven't learned crap. My pacing was all off for verbal as well. I don't think I'll crack 20 this time either. Just have bio left.

This is my first practice mcat in 4 months, I didn't expect to do well but still want at least 20. I guess we'll find out soon.

Thanks for the replies guys.