General Admissions & OTCAS Retaking Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

w.amanda96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am planning on retaking some prerequisite classes that I did not receive A's in, just to boost my gpa as much as possible. Do the ot programs average the two grades ( what I'm assuming they do) or do they take the higher of the two grades? Just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

From my experience, most look at the higher of the two grades. In OTCAS you have the control to place the classes you want for each of the prerequisites. However, not all schools are the same and I have come across a few that do take an average between the two. I'd recommend checking in with each school you plan on applying to in order to seee how they handle repeating coursework. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
wanted to bump this post...

In regards to overall GPA calculation, I have taken some courses at a junior college to fulfill prerequisites. When OTCAS calculates my overall gpa, does that include the university in which I got my B.S. as well as the junior college gpa?

Thanks!

wanted to bump this post...

In regards to overall GPA calculation, I have taken some courses at a junior college to fulfill prerequisites. When OTCAS calculates my overall gpa, does that include the university in which I got my B.S. as well as the junior college gpa?

Thanks!
Yes, it includes every class you have ever taken including classes after you complete your bachelors